SYL Semi Final and Final rules
U12, U13, U14, U15, U16 & U18 CUP COMPETITIONS QUALIFICATION OF PLAYERS
- In any U12 –U18 Cup Competition No player may play for more than one Team in any Cup Competition in any one season. (The Challenge Cup and the Invitation Cup at all Age Groups are deemed to be one Competition.) This means, once transferred, a player will be deemed to be cup-tied if he has played in either Competition at any Age Group.
- In any U12 –U18 Cup Competition A Player or nominated substitute shall not be ineligible to play in the semi-final or final round of the competition unless he has played in a previous round or he has played at least TWO League and/or County Cup matches in the current season. Participants who were named substitutes in previous matches but didn’t play are considered as having played for the purposes of this Rule.
- In any U12 –U18 Cup Competition A Player registered or transferred after the last day of February may not participate in a League/Invitation Cup Final
Semi- Finals & Finals at U9, U10, U11, U12, U13, U14, U15, U16 & U18
For Semi Finals & Finals extra time will be played IF TIME PERMITS at the discretion of the Referee.
Under 12 – 7 minutes each way
Under 13 to Under 16 – 10 minutes each way
Under 18 – 15 minutes each way.
After extra time has been played in the Semi Final & Final the match will be decided on penalties as described below.
In the event of level scores at full time the match will be decided on Penalties Kicks from the Penalty Mark Subject to the Laws of the game:
Both teams take FIVE (5) kicks
- The kicks are taken alternately by the teams
- If, before both teams have taken five kicks, one has scored more goals than the other could score, even if it were to complete its five kicks, no more kicks are taken
- If, after both teams have taken five kicks, both have scored the same number of goals, or have not scored any goals, kicks continue to be taken in the same order until one team has scored a goal more than the other from the same number of kicks